From restaurants to hospitals to food trucks and beyond, every commercial kitchen utilizes a wide range of stainless-steel products. Because stainless steel is highly resistant to corrosion, acid damage, and other concentrated substances that often show up in kitchens, it’s the most logical choice of material for many components in commercial settings. The production of these stainless-steel kitchen products is most efficiently completed with stud welding processes. At Northland Fastening Systems, food-grade welding capabilities are just a click away with our stud welding services, tool rentals, and available equipment and accessories.
The efficiency and practicality of stud welding stainless steel for food-grade welding products is the primary reason why the demand for such a wide range of these kitchen components is so prevalent. Many other materials will rust, allow mold growth, start to degrade, and otherwise pose unhealthy working conditions and food production sanitation.
With the rapid welding process and strong connection points stud welding gives manufacturers of food-grade products, it’s not uncommon to see a variety of kitchen components in a commercial setting including:
- Stove units made with stud welded stainless-steel sheeting that holds up to the flames, grease, and other stresses in a commercial kitchen.
- Stainless-steel cased ovens that hold up to constant heat throughout the day and long-term use of that daily capacity.
- Shelving units that must support up to 2,000 lbs. regularly while exposed to temperatures ranging from walk-in freezers to heat from adjacent stoves and ovens, in addition to grease and moisture exposure.
- Tables and counters that hold up against continual exposure to acidic foods and liquids, knives, abrasive cleaning fluids, pounding, heavy weights, grease, heat, and cold.
- Heavy-duty kitchen ventilation systems and stove hoods that filter out highly acidic smoke, heavy-duty grease, and moisture constantly throughout the working day while often withstanding high heat from stovetops.
- Sinks and plumbing systems that take on grease, food, hair, dirt, and more in the day-to-day business of a commercial kitchen.
- Coolers and refrigerators that are subjected to constant opening and closing, food spills, moisture collection, freezing water, and abrasive cleaning.
- Commercial dishwasher units that are continually exposed to water at high sanitary temperatures, grease, acidic foods, and harsh chemical soaps.
In addition to these common systems, there are many more components of a standard commercial kitchen made with stud welded stainless steel, including some more specialized products involved in food production (such as the beer and wine making processes) that are designed to hold up to severe daily conditions.
With the use of quality stainless steel and well-made stud welding studs like those offered at Northland Fastening Systems, you can create your own commercial kitchen components that hold up to harsh environments. Contact us at (651) 730-7770 to learn more about food-grade welding and the equipment and services we provide.