There are many industries that utilize stud welding operations to manufacture parts, build structures, and create infrastructure. From electronics and food service equipment to multistory buildings and ships, stud welding has a wide range of applications. The powerful, quick, and clean connection points that stud welding offers have clear benefits to quality fabrication. If you are working with stud welding in your industry, you have probably weighed the question of whether to invest in purchasing your own welding units or rent out tools. There are advantages to both renting and buying stud welding equipment, and choosing what’s best for you depends on your circumstances as a manufacturer. For many, renting is an excellent option even for long-term stud welding operations. If you are looking to rent or buy tools, supplies, and other welding accessories, Northland Fastening Systems (NFS) has what you need. We provide a comprehensive range of welding tools for rent or purchase, drawn arc and CD welding studs, welding accessories, tool repair services, and the advice of our own expert technicians.
Manufacturers choosing to rent stud welding equipment rather than purchase their own is a common practice due to the expense of purchasing and maintaining owned tools. Stud welding units can range in price depending on their size and capability, but even the most cost-effective models can go over a project budget.
If you are in need of a rented welding tool, NFS offers a variety of models with differing capabilities that fit the majority of worksite requirements, including portable generators. From thru-deck welding to automated systems, you can rent tools that will help you keep your project schedule on time.
Some of the most significant benefits of renting over owning stud welding tools include:
- You can try out the most current models and the newest technology when you choose to rent from NFS. We swap out-of-date models when newer and higher performance ones are on the market so renters get the latest units.
- You aren’t responsible for tool maintenance and maintenance expenses; we do that for you.
- In addition to avoiding regular maintenance costs, you also won’t have to deal with unexpected repairs that force your production line to halt. Rented tools are kept in peak condition and can be swapped out the moment a possible issue arises.
- With rented tools, we provide extra studs and welding accessories for just-in-case manufacturing scenarios.
- Rented tools are perfect for short-term jobs or one-time use so you don’t have to invest in purchasing supplies that will sit on a shelf after one project is completed.
There are many other benefits of renting stud welding equipment over purchasing, but owning tools also has its advantages. To learn more about renting or purchasing tools and other supplies, contact NFS at (651) 730-7770 or request a quote online.