Stud welding is a complex process in many ways, but simple in others. The operation of a stud weld itself is a strong but straightforward connection point that fuses the metal of the stud into the metal of the base material. However, the actual process takes a deep understanding of arc generation, materials, dimensions, and the tools involved. In order to perform an accurate weld, you need the background knowledge and the right tools for the job. At Northland Fastening Systems, we provide the tools, studs, and accessories necessary for drawn arc, capacitor discharge (CD), and short cycle processes. When it comes to the accessories important to any stud welding process, our team of expert technicians can help you find exactly what you need.
Since 1987, we’ve supported and worked to continually improve the stud welding industry. One aspect of stud welding that is often overlooked is the use of accessories in the CD and drawn arc process. These accessories are completely necessary for an effective end result, but they can be taken for granted sometimes.
For the drawn arc and CD stud welding process, NFS accessories include the following.
- Brass closed ferrule grip for multiple stud sizes from 3/16” to 1” with various foot sizes from small to large, also available with multiple grip diameters from 0.305 to 1.406
- Long split ferrule grip for stud sizes from ¼” to ¾”, foot sizes from small to medium, and grip diameters from 0.380 to 1.030
- Split ferrule grip for stud sizes from 3/16” to 1”, foot sizes from small to large, and 0.305 to 1.406 grip diameters
- Single leg ferrule foot plate for stud diameters of ¼” to ¾”
- Twin leg ferrule foot plate for stud diameters of ¼” to 1”
- Adjustable chucks for a variety of stud diameters between 2mm and 1”, including long, extra-long, and rectangular chucks
- Control cable weld cable connectors including heavy-duty hi-temp, light-duty, Hubbell style, and Panel Mount Camlock weld cable connectors
- Standard closed feet for Tru-Weld and other various gun types
- Standard split-feet for Tru-Weld and other various gun types
- Weld cable lugs
- “B” Stops for studs from ¼ to 1 ⅜ buttons stops and for universal studs
- B Collets for stud diameters from 3mm to 5/16” and in AGM style
- Collet inserts for weld studs and weld pins
- Standard and vented spark shields
- Template tube adapters for 1 to 1 ¼ diameters IDs
NFS supplies a broad range of stud accessories that pair perfectly with industry-standard studs and welding tools. To learn more about the supplies that we provide for the drawn arc, CD, and short cycle stud welding process, contact Northland Fastening Systems today at (651) 730-7770 or request a quote online.