If you’re working with stud welding operations on your job site or production floor, you can find all the tools, studs, accessories, and expertise you need at Northland Fastening Systems (NFS). Not only do we offer a complete supply of studs for drawn arc, short cycle, and capacitor discharge (CD) welding, and stud welding accessories, but we also work with customers who need custom stud dimensions. Our team of skilled technicians can work with you to determine your exact needs, including the purchase or rental of stud welding equipment and tools.
NFS supplies stud welding tools that fit a variety of operator needs. We have available, for rent or purchase, portable, lightweight welders that are ideal for moving to different locations on a job site; heavy-duty handheld welding guns for installing shear connectors in a composite build; fully automated systems that can be integrated easily into existing facilities; and everything else in between.
Stud Welding Equipment
There are benefits to both renting and owning stud welding equipment, depending on your priorities and situation. If you’re looking to get started in stud welding but aren’t sure whether renting or owning equipment is a better fit, consider the following benefits of each.
- By renting stud welding equipment, you avoid the majority of maintenance and repair expenses.
- You can also avoid downtime if unexpected and expensive repairs are needed.
- Rented tools are easier access and cheaper options for short-term projects or one-time jobs.
- You can pick and choose from a variety of newest and specialty models.
- You don’t have to commit to one tool that might be perfect for one job and slightly imperfect for another.
- Extra studs, accessories, ferrules, and other components are supplied with rental tools in case one breaks.
- You can become a more versatile welder if you have the opportunity to work with multiple brands, welder types, and processes by renting tools.
- By owning a stud welding equipment, you can perform your own maintenance, so you’ll always know what to expect.
- Tools are conveniently at hand.
- For long-term jobs or if you are a stud welder by trade, owning your own tools is by far the cheaper option than renting.
- You get to know your tool very well and can improve your precision with practice.
- You learn how to repair your own tool.
- Owning your own tools improves your professional image.
- The better you learn your tool, the faster you can work, which saves you money, time, and physical fatigue.
When you get your tools from NFS, you’ll get the continued support, repair service, and advice of our technicians no matter whether you rented or purchased equipment. To learn more about our supply of stud welding equipment, contact NFS at (651) 730-7770. Request a quote online to get started with us today.