At Northland Fastening Systems (NFS), we offer quality stud welding supplies to a broad range of customers. From welding studs to stud welding tools for various types of welding processes, our expert technicians can help you get what you need to finish a project. Whether you’re working with drawn arc welding methods or capacitor discharge (CD) welding processes, NFS has a comprehensive selection of tools for rent or purchase, welding studs in many dimensions, custom stud options, and welding accessories that our customers working in many industries need. One industry in which CD stud welding, in particular, is key is the food equipment industry. Food grade welding is a highly specialized process that requires training and the right set of tools.
Within the food industry, the catering profession requires its own set of tools and equipment designed to transport, store, and serve food safely and without compromising quality. Because CD stud welding is a rapid, efficient, and extremely clean operation, it’s an ideal tool for manufacturing a number of different types of catering equipment. For example:
- Transportation equipment:
- Outdoor and portable coolers
- Insulated tray carriers
- Warming trays
- Totes and other nonheated/cooled carriers
- Storage boxes
- Large-scale transportation ware, such as castored shelving units
- Food preparation equipment:
- Offsite pre-event food prep equipment like ovens, stoves, and other standard commercial kitchen appliances
- Chef station appliances for onsite cooking, such as hot plates and induction burners
- Portable grills
- Temperature-controlled holding cabinets
- Dry holding cabinets
- Onsite food transportation units for moving food during an event
- Serving equipment:
- Portable trays and shelves
- Food pans
- Heated or cooled trays
- Ice containers
- Hot and cold beverage dispensing equipment
- Portable bars
- Coffee stations
- Sanitation equipment:
- Hand washing stations
- Dish washing stations
- Garbage cans and other food waste processing equipment
- Transportation shelves and tools for dirty dishes
- Portable sink systems for events with no water hookup
- Energy supplies:
- Many catered events don’t have energy sources at the location, and caterers often need to bring generators and other portable power supplies along with them.
- Battery powered equipment is also a key part of catering energy supplies.
Catering equipment is just one small part of the food grade stud welding industry. CD stud welding is highly conducive to food grade equipment because of its ability to eliminate marking on the opposite side of the weld. This alone limits problem areas where bacteria and germs can collect. Food grade welding with CD stud welding tools help our customers fabricate streamlined stainless steel products that can be easily sanitized.
Whether you’re manufacturing catering equipment or equipment for other areas of the food industry, NFS has the CD stud welding supplies you need. Contact us at (651) 730-7770 or request a quote online to get started with us today.